Name and contact details of the controller:
Association European Energy Award AISBL
Collection and saving of personal data and the manner and purpose of its use
By accessing our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is saved temporarily in a log file. The following information is collected without your involvement and saved until its automatic deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system on your computer and the name of your access provider.
We process the stated data for the following purposes:
- Guaranteeing smooth connection establishment on the website,
- Guaranteeing convenient use of our website,
- Evaluating system security and stability, and
- For other administrative purposes.
When subscribing to our newsletter
If you have provided your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. In order to receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to state an e-mail address. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time, for instance via a link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscription request at any time by e-mail to info(a)european-energy-award.org.
Sharing of data
Your personal data is not shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have granted your consent to this in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- The sharing in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR is required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest that requires protection with regard to the non-transfer of your data,
- In the event that a legal obligation exists for the sharing in accordance with Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR, and
- This is legally permitted and required for the performance of a contract with you in accordance with Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
These cookies enable us to automatically identify that you have already visited us the next time you visit our website. These cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes to maintain our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are saved on your computer or a notification is always displayed before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies can, however, mean that you are unable to use all of the functions of our website.
Tracking tools The tracking measures listed below and used by us are implemented on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. We use these tracking measures as we want to ensure the needs-appropriate design and continuous optimisation of our website. At the same time, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for you for the purpose of optimising our service. These interests are to be considered legitimate as defined by the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
We use the open source software Matomo to analyse and statistically evaluate the use of the website. Cookies are used for this (see paragraph 4). The information created by the cookie about the use of the website is transferred to our server and summarised in pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and enable the needs-appropriate design of our website. The information will not be shared with third parties. In no event is the IP address combined with other data relating to the user. The IP addresses are anonymised so that it is not possible to allocate them (IP masking). Your visit to this website is currently recorded by Matomo web analysis. Click here (https://matomo.org/docs/privacy/) so that your visit is no longer recorded.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to information about your personal data that we process. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipient to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, information on the source of the data where it has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of your inaccurate or incomplete personal data saved by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data saved by us without undue delay where the processing is not required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, and we no longer need the personal data but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw the consent you have granted at any time. This will result in us no longer being able to continue data processing in the future based on this consent and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, you can do this by contacting the supervisory authority in your habitual residence, place of work or at our company headquarters.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection is against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw or object, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to: info(a)european-energy-award.org
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we instead use 128-bit v3 technology. You can identify whether an individual page of our website is transferred encrypted by the displaying of a closed key or lock image in the lower status bar of your browser. We otherwise employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly improved in line with technological advancements.
Validity and changes to this data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid and dates from May 2018. It may be necessary to amend this data protection statement due to the further development of our website and services by means of or based on amended statutory or official requirements. You can access and print the latest data protection statement at any time at: http://www.european-energy-award.org/data-protection